Here’s a recipe for turmeric paste designed to achieve optimal absorption.
- 60g turmeric powder
- 250ml water
- 70ml cold pressed Olive or Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place the turmeric and water in a pan, stirring over a gentle heat until you have a thick paste.
- This should take 7 – 10 mins, add more water if required.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper and oil at the END, whisking to incorporate the oil.
- Allow to cool
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 months
You can add the paste directly into your dog’s meals. Be careful to mix in well otherwise you could end up with a yellow stained dog face beaming at you.
Recommended guideline for how much turmeric to give a dog:
- Small dogs – start with about 1/4 teaspoon per day
- Medium dogs – start with 1/2 teaspoon per day
- Large dogs – start with 3/4 teaspoon per day
- Giant dogs – start with 1 teaspoon per day
Finding the correct dose of turmeric for dogs, in small amounts, is important to help your best friend reap the anti inflammatory benefits of this powerful spice.
One final note on turmeric for dogs
Everything in this article also applies to you too. The best thing is that by incorporating turmeric into your treasured companion’s diet you have a prime opportunity to get involved yourself. If you’re wanting to keep up with a dog fuelled by natural whole foods and powerhouse spices trust us you’ll need some plant power too!
If you’re a little put off by the thought of preparing turmeric (golden) paste yourself and you’d love a ready prepared, zero mess option we have the perfect solution for you.
At ProDog we’re obsessed with creating the most cutting edge, natural and organic supplements for our canine friends. We’ve crafted a specific range of super convenient, premium quality nutritional dog supplements designed to take performance, vitality and well-being to the next level.
From our joint supplements for dogs range, Flexx is a perfect turmeric supplement for dogs. It is packed with powerful whole food ingredients, including, yes you’ve guessed it, bundles of high strength and organic turmeric!
Blended together with other key ingredients such as Fish Collagen, MSM, Chollera, Chondroitin, Glucosamine Sulphate, Vitamin C and Hemp Protein, Flexx delivers dynamic anti-inflammatory and joint support protection……fast.
Flexx is super beneficial to ALL dogs as preventative health support. It’s also a robust remedy to ease the symptoms for those dogs who already have arthritis – designed to ease and prevent pain and stiffness.
Key Benefits of Flexx:
- Maintenance of joint structure and function
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Protection of bone structure and cartilage preservation
- Promotion of glossy coat and optimum skin health
- Immune system booster
For more information and a full list of ingredients, check out our Flexx product page.