We believe in the Importance of Eco-Friendly Packaging
How important is recyclable packaging?Did you know, most food packaging is plastic or contains plastic, and only 17% of this plastic gets recycled, some end up in landfills where it stays for generations and the rest pollutes our environment and our seas.
What steps are we taking?We are a company that prides itself on ethically sourced raw dog food for working dogs, but we are also very passionate about the conservation of our planet. At ProDog we are taking action to do our bit and make a difference. Our new raw dog food packaging includes high-quality, shatterproof, leak-proof fully recyclable tubs (which are not classified as 'single-use' nor do they contain BPA). They are pre-labelled (to reduce waste) and in our distinctive bright company colours. We have also moved to use wool thermal lining in new stronger outer cardboard boxes that are easier to handle due to their shape. ProDog Raw has taken this stance in order to be more environmentally responsible and reduce packaging and waste where possible. Now every part of your ProDog delivery packaging is recyclable / reusable and we are proud to report this will reduce our plastic content and packaging by 30% overall.
What is our new packaging made of?
- Both the tub, and lid, are moulded from a single material, polypropylene (PP), which is fully approved for direct food contact.
- The "In Mould Label" (IML) lid label is also made from PP, meaning the entire pack is made from the same ‘mono’ material. This is unlike some other packaging with a self-adhesive label applied adding another material element and reducing its recyclability.
- PP is 100% recyclable.
- PP is officially “widely recycled” meaning that more than 75% of local authorities in the UK collect the material directly from households for recycling.
- Recycled PP is in demand for the manufacture of a very wide range of reusable items such as buckets, car interiors, carpets, furniture, watering cans, storage bins etc.
- The ProDog pack is moulded in a yellow PP making it easy for recycling companies to sort automatically, unlike black plastics which cannot be sorted automatically and hence generally end up in a landfill.
- The re-closable tamper evident pack design creates a very convenient reusable storage container while also removing the need for a film seal, which is not normally recyclable.
- Overall the PP tub, lid and label represent an environmentally sound form of packaging which is both reusable and fully recyclable.
How can you help?In order to further reduce our impact on the environment, we would encourage you to help us recycle further. The wool liners, along with the tubs, can be returned to us to be re-used. We recommend that once you have three wool liners or more to return, that you arrange a Hermes collection. They charge a very reasonable rate and it’s very easy to arrange a delivery to us. Include your return address with your packaging and send to ProDog HQ. The address is below. We will then some delicious dehydrated dog treats for your dog to enjoy to the value of the packaging returned and to cover your postage costs.
Your dog gets a reward for helping us to save the planet and everyone wins.If you would like to include the yellow tubs and lids for us to re-use, as long as they are dishwasher/fully cleaned and have been air dried, you can include them with the wool liners and we will re-use those as well. Alternatively, you can recycle them as you would with any plastic packaging. It couldn’t be easier to help do your bit for the environment.
The address for returns is
Unit 1 Anchor House
13 Reservoir Road
We hope you will embrace our mission to not only keep creating the very best natural raw dog food on the market but also to deliver it to you in a way that means we all do our bit for the war on excess waste! ProDog Raw is proud to be GREEN.